Saturday, 26 December 2015

#2016BookWishList... Top 7 Books Am Just Dying To Read

The year 2016 is almost upon us guys and of course it will be  a lot more fun with interesting books to keep me company. This is my #WishList and of course when I do read the books, I will share all the excitement with you guys. Remeber the list is in no particular order sha, so here goes:    
                             
1. The Interesting Narrative Of The Life And Times Of Olaudah Equino Or Gustavus Vass, The African
I have known about this book for a long time and read several excepts in my English textbook, I think in Primary or  Junior Secondary School but I Have never really read it. I hope to change that soon. Its an old book and may not be very easy to get but I will try.
 Its the true story of a young African boy who was sold into slavery, kind of like a memoir. Am even more determined to read it because he was Igbo like me
2. The Late Professor Chinua Achebe's There Was A Country

 This is the last published work of the late giant of African literature. Its about the Biafran war and ruffled quite a number of feathers when it was first published. Definately want to what all the fuss is about.
3. Chimamanda Adichie's Half Of A Yellow Sun

 This is also about the Biafran war. Its about a young boy Ugwu who goes to lives with a University Professor Odenigbo as his houseboy. Right now am reading one of Adichie's other books Americannah and am having a blast so I know this one will be good too. Plus its even been made into a Hollywood movie. Like I needed any more motivation.
4. Uzodinma Iweala's Beast Of No Nation

 Ok, this is so not intentional but this one is also about war. And no am not a totally depressing person to be with if that you are thinking its just a coincidence. Its about a young boy Agu who is forced to become a child soldier . Plus, its also being adapted into a movie and its  two main actors Edris Elba and Abraham Attah are getting major nod, so...
5.Sefi Attah's  Everything Good Will Come

This was published in 2005 and follows A young girl Enitan as she grows into a woman in Post colonial Nigeria and Britain.
6. No Violet Bulawayo's We Need New Names and last but certainly not least

7. Binyavanga wainana's One Day I Will write About This Place.

 So there you have it. But of course these arent the only books I will be reading. What will you be reading? Please let me know in the comments section.
P.S
Am really sorry about the lack of visuals, I tried so much to upload some pictures but its just not working. Am really new to this blogging thing so any useful advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot
                                                                                                                                         Yours sincerely,
                                                                                                                                         Chiomaah