Have you finished reading the book yet? Well have and I think it now officially one of my favorite books. Of course, after rooting and praying for them, our friends Ifemelu and Obinze finally kiss and make up. But sure, just like most times when we make a decision, someone else is affected and this time its Obinze's sweet four-year old Buchi.
Does any one else feel sorry for her? I mean her parents are splitting and it cant be easy so I just hope that when Obinze declares 'Buchi will lack nothing' he doesnt mean just toys and nice clothes. In the end, every child deserves the love and attention of both their parents whether they remain married or not.
So there! Mission read Americanah, officially completed. I hope you'll pick up Purple Hibicus too so we can have just as much fun togeher.
- And right after? Some sense and sensibility
- Go on Nanny! Spill all the dirty little secrets!
- Purple Hibiscus: Home Work
- She's been cleaning the figurines again
- Excited about Bare-Lit 2016? Well, it needs you to...
- Sincere apologies first of all
- Americanah: Buchi's Happy Ending
- BARE-LIT 2016: who else is super excited?
- Want to enter the 2016 Caine Prize For African Wri...
- What we'll be reading next
- Americanah: Just in case you are not Igbo
- Americanah: Five things I wish I could say to the ...
- Americanah: new words
- BOOK TRIVIA 101: Thank me later.
- AMERICANAH: I HAVE A BRITISH ACCENT...YOU CANT DIS...
- ▼ January (15)