Good day class,
I hope you are enjoying our current selection Purple Hibiscus. Below you'll find two discussion topics I have prepared in order to get a sense of what you think about the book.
1. There is certainly no excuse forbrother Eugene's behaviour but on Page 194, he tells Kambili how a priest made him soak his hands in hot water after finding him 'sinning against his own body' What influence, if any, donyou thnk this incidence had on him as a person?
2. Do you think that Father Amadi should have done more to discourage Kambili's infatuation with him giving the fact that a) she was a minor and b) he was a priest who was sworn to celibacy?
I will expect your responses in the comments section by moday. Lol😄
- And right after? Some sense and sensibility
- Go on Nanny! Spill all the dirty little secrets!
- Purple Hibiscus: Home Work
- She's been cleaning the figurines again
- Excited about Bare-Lit 2016? Well, it needs you to...
- Sincere apologies first of all
- Americanah: Buchi's Happy Ending
- BARE-LIT 2016: who else is super excited?
- Want to enter the 2016 Caine Prize For African Wri...
- What we'll be reading next
- Americanah: Just in case you are not Igbo
- Americanah: Five things I wish I could say to the ...
- Americanah: new words
- BOOK TRIVIA 101: Thank me later.
- AMERICANAH: I HAVE A BRITISH ACCENT...YOU CANT DIS...
- ▼ January (15)