The Caine Prize For African Writing is named in memory of the late Sir Michael Caine, former chairman of Booker Plc. He was chairman of Africa 95, and chairman of the Booker Prize management committee for almost 25 years. The first prize was awarded in 2000, at the ZimbabweInternational Book fair in Harare at at £10,000, the prize money is quite tempting but you'd have to hurry. The deadline for submission of entries is 31st January, 2016
Find rules and regulations at www.caineprize.com
While you are at it, below are some other prizes for African writers you may want to consider.
The Brunei University African Poetry Prize aimed at the development, celebration and promotion of poetry from Africa.
More information at www.africanpoetryprize.org
The Wole Soyinka Prize for Literature in Africa
Find rules and regulations at www.theluminafoundation.org
- And right after? Some sense and sensibility
- Go on Nanny! Spill all the dirty little secrets!
- Purple Hibiscus: Home Work
- She's been cleaning the figurines again
- Excited about Bare-Lit 2016? Well, it needs you to...
- Sincere apologies first of all
- Americanah: Buchi's Happy Ending
- BARE-LIT 2016: who else is super excited?
- Want to enter the 2016 Caine Prize For African Wri...
- What we'll be reading next
- Americanah: Just in case you are not Igbo
- Americanah: Five things I wish I could say to the ...
- Americanah: new words
- BOOK TRIVIA 101: Thank me later.
- AMERICANAH: I HAVE A BRITISH ACCENT...YOU CANT DIS...
- ▼ January (15)