Monday, 23 May 2016

Book Review: Ben Carson's Take the Risk

Whats it About?
It's doctor  Ben Carson's 2008 book about 'Learning to identify, choose and live with acceptable risk.

Where to Get It?
Well, I kind of nipped this one from a friend. I'll return it immediately after writing this review. I promise. But it's available on www.zondervan.com if you'd like a copy.
What I Think About It?
It was quite easy for me to decide to read this book. First, because it's a motivational book and secondly because when a man who drills  into people's brains for a living writes a book about taking risks, the wise thing to do is to pick it up and read it. Which is what I did.
The book is quite  enjoyable and contains several examples which show how the  Best/Worst Analysis (B/WA) Framework which he came up with, has helped him make tough decisions both in life as a neuro-surgeon, a public speaker and a husband and father. I know you're itching for me to elaborate more on the B/WA thing but I will not. It's not because am lazy, I promise. I just don't want to give away too much because I'd like you guys to read the book yourselves.
I liked book so much that I have already started practicing what It teaches. I have already made a number of very important decisions using the B/WA (such as whether to stay in bed or get out and watch my favorite fashion show). Just kidding.
And oh! I have also been using my brain more, because I have got one.
Rating: πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹
Cheers,
Chiomaah.