Wednesday, 22 June 2016

BOOK REVIEW

Title: Surrender the Pink
Author: Carrie Fisher
Genre: Romance
Publication Date: August 1990

What's on the Cover: The bright yellow cover has a pink heart thats being attacked by four angry arrows. I still don't know what it represents. Heartbreak? Probably.
The Plot: Soap writer Dinah Kaufman can't geta man to stay, or she doesn't expect them to.Her dad walked out on her so she expects every other man to do the same. Then she meets the man of her dreams Rudy Garland, they get married but it ends in a divorce butthen she realises shewants him back and so on.
My Thoughts: Some books you read once and they makes complete sense. With others you have to read,  put them away and come back to them sometime time later to fully understand them. I choose to place this one in the later category because as much I didn't really enjoy it this first time- lots of long boring conversations and all. But I have a feeling it's a good book- If I could just understand half of what it's being said. But on the plus side, at the beginning of each chapter there is a short lesson on the reproductive behaviors of a different animal. That I really enjoyed.
Rating: πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹