Friday, 3 June 2016

The Bookworm Questionnaire:Where Do You Stand?

The fact that you are reading this right now shows that you have some degree of the bookworm gene in you. Unless you stumbled on this blog by mistake, which is still ok. Now, after years and years of  research, Up Close and Literal has finally come up with a system to classify people based on their relationship with books. All you have to do is to answer the questions below, you know by picking the letter that best describes you and you'll find out where you stand.
1. If I went a whole week without reading a book I would be very irritable, I would have anxiety attacks and a nervous breakdown. In Fact, I think my whole body would stop functioning.
(a) Oh my God! How did you know? That totally describes me.
(b) Oh don't be so dramatic. I try to read as often as I can but my life certainly does not depend on it.
(c) Nonsense. I haven't touched a book six months and am still alive.

2. The only time I ever read a book is
(a) All the time. Duh!
(b) Maybe once in a while and especially if its a really good book that everyone's talking about.
(c) Like never ever.

3. I think all bookworms may be slightly crazy. Why else would some one want to read so many books?
(a) I strongly disagree because I happen to be on myself.
(b) I have to disagree with you. It's not necessarily a bad thing. In Fact I wish I could spend more time reading my self.
(c) I strongly agree with you.

3. I spend almost all my pocket money on books.
(a) That is so me.
(b) Not all of it, just part of it. And that's occasionally.
(c) What? No way. Whatever happens to clothes, shoes and video games?

4. If you could save one only  thing from a burning house, would it be your favorite lipstick or that rare first-edition Things fall apart book you own
(a) Yes. I would save the book without even thinking about it.
(b) Am not sure, I'll have to think long and hard about this one
(c) I would save my lipstick of course. How else am I supposed to achieve my signature bee-stung pout look.

5. My friends count on me to know the answers to all book-related trivia and gossip
(a) That's me again.
(b) Not exactly me.
(c) I've got better things to do with my time.

Now if you picked mostly A's on this questionnaire, you are what we call the my-life-depends-on-books bookworm. You are one one of the lucky few to have discovered the excitement hidden between the pages of books and for that I congratulate you.
If you picked mostly B's, then you are what we call the occasional bookworm. You know that books are good for you but you are not reading as much as you would like. I would advise you to create a specific time for reading each day. That way, you won't have any excuses. Good luck
If you picked mostly C's, then you are what we call what-the-hell-is-a-book person. It's possible that you don't know how enjoyable reading can be or you just don't think it cool. But I assure you that a good book is one of the best things you can spend your time one. Seek out that known bookworm at School or at work (you know him, don't you? The one you've been teasing?) and let him put you through. This blog is also an excellent place to start the book appreciation journey. Visit a library or a book store to pick out the books featured here. And if you need help, am here for you. Good luck.
Hope you liked it guys, now all you have to do is to head ove to @UCandLiteral because there is more where this came from.
Cheers,
Chiomaah.