Friday, 19 August 2016

Book Review

Samantha March sent from www.clp.com sent me this one a couple of weeks ago. I got it free in return for an honest review. Ah, the perks of being a book blogger. It's by Amazon's #1 Bestselling Author Alix Nichols. Now stop ogling at the model and read the rest of the review!
 There are three short stories in this bundle: You are the one, Winter's Gift and The Devil's Own Chloe. Plus excerpts from two of her other books Falling for Emma and Under my Skin.
I'll review the first two stories but as for The Devil's Own Chloe, I already reviewed it during Alux Nichol'sThe Devil's Own Chloe blog tour, kindly read it here: https://upcloseandliteral.blogspot.com.ng/2016/07/Blogtourforthedevilsownchloebyalixnichols.html

In You are the One, Natalie's boyfriend cheats on her with a waitress, finally opening her eyes to the real state of their relationship and giving her the courage she needs to make some tough decisions.
Review: As always when I read stories like this, I felt sorry for Natalie ansd at the same time I wished I could slap some sense into her. The weakness of that relationship was super obvious from the start and yet she couldn't see it. Smh. 
Though it was the waitress whom her boyfriend cheated with that I found myself  hopelessly admiring. Apart from having amazing hair, she did something really noble. Very admirable. Don't ask me what, read  the book and find out for your self.
Rating: πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹
In Winter's Gift, Anna makes the difficult decision to become a high class call girl for her mother's sake. Then she meets oligarch Anton and ends up breaking all the rules written  in how to be a high class call girl 101 (Yep. I just made that up).
Review: First of all, the trips, the gifts, the money, what girl wouldn't fall for that? Then the sex. Oh, the sex.  Alix Nicholls sure knows how to write a love scene. But then, it's impossible to ignore the underlying sadness if it all. I can only imagine how tough it was for to make the decision to start selling her body and I felt sorry for her (am not telling you why she did it. Read the book! Don't be lazy).
This book manages to combine passion, aka sizzling sex, adversity and hope all in a couple of pages and I loved it . It was a poignant tale and a well written one.
But there's also a happy ending and you know how much I love those
Rating: πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹


Am so sorry I couldn't bring you the FridayLiTerview this week. I'll try and make it up next week. Until then remain bookish.
Cheers,
Chiomaah