Tuesday, 27 September 2016

Book Review: Get Ready for a Brand New Definition of Perfection!

Title:  Single Chicas

Author: Sandra C.Lopez

Genre:  Collection of  short stories/ Women's fiction.

Source:  Free from www.lolasblogtours.com in exchange for an honest review

Plot
Single Chicas is a collection of short stories following the lives of several Latina women. It focuses on the lives at work, at play, on the train, at the airport... Well, almost everywhere.
 See more on the banner on the right



Review
 This book did it for me in several ways: first, it's officially given me one of my favourite book quotes ever, the one about perfection being a Barbie doll (see it on the right). I really like it and I'll be using it a lot from now on so get ready.
Now there are about thirteen really fun stories in this collection. It was like making thirteen new friends and having a really fun girls' night out or in, to share stories about our day while feasting on junk food.
My favourites in no particular order: My Big  Fat Fake Wedding, The Lesbian Theory,  Night Caller and the title story, Single Chicas.
There's one story, I won't tell you which ,about a girl who was so busy her friends had to stage a very eerie romantic intervention on her behalf.
 An oh, lest I forget, now I know that almost everyone in the U.S. Speaks Spanish. But I don't so I really wish the author had kindly translated the many Spanish words and phrases in the book. But other than that, it was muy agradable!
 

Rating
πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹
 Stay bookish everyone,
 Chiomaah