Hello fashionista bookworms,
The day you've all been waiting for is finally here. It's our stop on the Tokyo Cover Girls blog tour and am going to be reviewing it. See the banner on the right for more details.
Wonder if it's a coincidence that it falls during New York Fashion Week? 👗👠🕶 That reminds me, if you'd like a copy of the book (of course you would), here's how to enter the giveaway that we're hosting: https://upcloseandliteral.blogspot.com.ng/2016/09/dont-miss-this-chance-for-free-ebook.html
Plot: You know how everyone says that the moral value of present-day reality tv shows keeps sinking lower and lower? Well, let me introduce you to Hailey, Blake and Jess, two teenagers who are the Hello Kitty capital of the world, Tokyo working to add the 'super' to their modeling careers. It's gets even better when they are chosen to compete in the doll show by the satsujin a Japanese company. which they are totally not, by the way.
They'll supposedly be competing for a chance at the glittering modeling career they have always dreamed off, or will they?
Review: The book was just like Chanel no 5- scented fodder to a fashion-obsessed mind like mine. Yes, I would totally rock pigtails, ankle socks and hello kitty barrettes, or maybe not. And with titles like 'They don't call it hate coutoure for nothing', 'that knife looks so good in you' and 'some girls just aren't photogenic', every chapter of the book was fun to read with a humorous twist thrown in here and there, the book was an absolute delight. And it's no suprise since the author Jackie Amdsen is herself a former model who also used to live in Tokyo.
Even though at some point I wanted to grab the three girls and bang their heads really really hard against a wall. I mean girl, you can handle calculus you should have known that that offer was just too glittery to be true.
Meanwhile, I'll be busy adding Tokyo Cover Girls to my little list of top fashion books every fashionista should read in her life time
Stay bookish people and remember I love you almost as much as I love me.
- FridayLiTerview wth the multi-talented writer, nur...
- Here's the thing by Emily O'Beirne blog tour: Why ...
- Book Review: Get Ready for a Brand New Definition ...
- Friday LiTerview with the sweet-toothed ex-tomboy ...
- It's a Cover Reveal Party! 🎉
- Weekend blitz tour for Mortiswood: Kaelia Awakenin...
- MORTISWOOD: THE KAELIA AWAKENING- Gina Dickerson o...
- Blog tour: She's certainly a hot chick now
- Blog tour: THEY DON'T CALL IT HATE COUTOURE FOR NO...
- Don't Miss This Chance for a Free ebook!
- Can't Get Enough of Dorothy? Pick up these other b...
- The LiTerview: Author Dorothy Dorothy F. Shaw Open...
- Here Comes The Witch Blog tour: Ani Gonzalez's top...
- Blog Tour: Here Comes The Witch by Ani Gonzalez
- The Stripped Bounty: BDSM for Dummies 101
- The Sweetheart Deal by Allison Morse Tour: She is...
- The FridayLiTerview: Tracey Sinclair- The Ex Who I...
- ▼ September (17)
Monday, 12 September 2016
Blog tour: THEY DON'T CALL IT HATE COUTOURE FOR NOTHING
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment