Wednesday, 7 September 2016

The Stripped Bounty: BDSM for Dummies 101

Hey everyone!

So the amazing Dorothy F. Shaw and I connected a couple of weeks ago and she graciously let me have her new book, The Stripped Bounty for free. Come on, you know the one, I shared it's cover sometime ago and you all couldn't stop drooling over the hunky model on the cover! Naughty lot that you are. What? You need a reminder? Ok, here it is: https://upcloseandliteral.blogspot.com.ng/2016/08/Coverrevealforthestrippedbountybydorothyfshaw.html

Satisfied?  Ok let's continue with the Review.


  Genre: Romance/Erotica

  Year of Publication: 2016

 No of Pages: 238

 Format: PDFs and Paperback

    Plot: It's really quite simple. Rosie's drug-dealing husband, who is a an idiot by the way, messes with a drug lord and pays for it with his life, leaving poor Rosie alone and having to leave town.. But of course it's not like there's a long list of well-paying jobs waiting for a hot thirty-six year old mob widow to take her pick,  so she is forced to take a job as a stripper in a nightclub which is what she used to do back in the day, by the way.
 Any where, there she meets Badger, a bounty hunter who moonlights as a bouncer at the club. And what follows, my dear brothers and sisters, is what can only be described as hot action. And oh, did I mention that this is for 18+ only?

Review: Have you ever seen a book that comes a warning? I don't mean the usual 'pirate this book and spent six months at Her Majesty's pleasure'- type warnings but an actual 'read at your risk' warning. This one does. Don't believe me, see for yourself:

Of course this should be enough to stop any sensible young lady from reading it but I did anyway. Naughty girl. I enjoyed myself. And no, I didn't reach for a battery-operated boyfriend- I have a real one. But seriously this book was on a whole new level of hotness. The sex scenes, sorry bondage lessons were just so... Ok, I admit, I have no words in my vocabulary to describe it. The chemistry between Rosie and Badger (what kind of a name is that by the way?) was physics-level electrifying. I have to be honest with you though, very little actually happens in the book apart from the sex which of course is a lot, but then Ms. Shaw surely delivers. I love how she cleverly tries to sneak in some romance here and there, but she wasn't fooling anyone. We all know what this book is about- erotica first, romance second. But it spices it up the more and we can't complain. Plus, romance is not the only thing she sneaks in, there's also some tough scenes for all of you action fans, few writers can manage to bring such different elements together in a such a masterful way and for that I thought this book was a great effort. This certainly won't be the last Dorothy F. Shaw book I read.
And oh, I also interviewed her, tune in this Friday to read it. *wink*

 A memorable moment for me was when Rosie and Badger (can someone please suggest a real name for this man? What were his parents thinking anyway?), finally take a break from all grinding, (thank God!) to actually get to know each other. It was really sweet. Though they should have realised that normal people kind of do things in reverse order.

Rating: 3.5

Stay bookish everyone,
 Chiomaah
🌝