The day has finally arrived!
Today is our stop on The Sweetheart Deal by Allison Morse tour. See the banner on the left for more details
I received the wonderful Women's Fiction title a couple of weeks ago and now am super excited to share my review with you. Ready?
Plot: Meet Ellen Hamilton of Pitney California where she is the town librarian, even though her father, Sam Hamilton owns half the town and is the most powerful man there. But this is 1950's America though, and women are expected to play a passive role in society.
Ellen appears to be content with life in the background until she suspects a plot by her ambitious ex John and her brother Tim to take all her father has ever worked for away from him. She is not going to stand by and do nothing
Review: The book has a mix of power, politics, love and my favourite: fashion! I especially loved John's secretary, Cindy's outfits. But to be honest, I think the most powerful message of all was not the romantic love between John and Ellen but the one Ellen has for her father. She knows who he is and what he's capable of doing, he's a man who doesn't mind stepping on a few toes to get what he wants, but he is still her father so I thought it was very sweet of her to go through such trouble to defend him and save him from ruin.
I loved watching Ellen transition from a gentle librarian to a gladiator, just for her father. We all knew she was her daddy's little girl all long
I was very giddy while reading this book, super eager to find out what happens in the end and of course I couldn't wait for the inevitable happy ending. One very memorable event in the book was when poor Ellen and John had thier tryst in the woods interrupted by an errant spider! The mischievous little creature.
I live it when a book has several different interesting characters and the ones in this book create such a perfect harmony that made it hard to put down.
Allison Morse really did a good job with this one.
Stay bookish everyone,
- FridayLiTerview wth the multi-talented writer, nur...
- Here's the thing by Emily O'Beirne blog tour: Why ...
- Book Review: Get Ready for a Brand New Definition ...
- Friday LiTerview with the sweet-toothed ex-tomboy ...
- It's a Cover Reveal Party! 🎉
- Weekend blitz tour for Mortiswood: Kaelia Awakenin...
- MORTISWOOD: THE KAELIA AWAKENING- Gina Dickerson o...
- Blog tour: She's certainly a hot chick now
- Blog tour: THEY DON'T CALL IT HATE COUTOURE FOR NO...
- Don't Miss This Chance for a Free ebook!
- Can't Get Enough of Dorothy? Pick up these other b...
- The LiTerview: Author Dorothy Dorothy F. Shaw Open...
- Here Comes The Witch Blog tour: Ani Gonzalez's top...
- Blog Tour: Here Comes The Witch by Ani Gonzalez
- The Stripped Bounty: BDSM for Dummies 101
- The Sweetheart Deal by Allison Morse Tour: She is...
- The FridayLiTerview: Tracey Sinclair- The Ex Who I...
- ▼ September (17)