Friday, 25 November 2016

The Friday LiTerview: Author and Blog tour host Samantha March Shares her favourite recipe for the ultimate girls'night-in

Samantha March is an author, editor, publisher, blogger, and all around book lover. She runs the popular book/women’s lifestyle blog ChickLitPlus, which keeps her bookshelf stocked with the latest reads and up to date on all things beauty, fashion and fitness. In 2011 she launched her independent publishing company Marching Ink and has four published novels – Destined to Fail, The Green Ticket, A Questionable Friendship and Up To I Do. You can also find her on Youtube sharing beauty reviews and creating makeup tutorials. When she isn’t reading, writing, or vlogging, you can find her cheering for the Green Bay Packers and Chicago Cubs. Samantha lives in Iowa with her husband and Vizsla puppy.
2.      What's your number one beauty secret
Do not sleep in your makeup!

3.      What are your tips for the ultimate girls' night in/out?

Surround yourself by good people. Always have a lot of snacks – purple Skittles are my fave. And wear comfy clothes! 


4.      Tell us about your latest book.

The Christmas Surprise is a holiday novella that features characters from my previous novel  A QUESTIONABLE FRIENDSHIP. I wanted to do something to follow up on Brynn and Portland, but not focus solely on them. Doing this novel featuring them as minor characters was the perfect way to do that, and to remember some magical Christmas moments myself. 

5.      What's your favourite thing  about Christmas?

I always thought it was such a magical time of year as a little girl. As an adult, I appreciate now being able to spend time with family.





































6.      What will you be doing on Christmas day?

We usually spend Christmas with my husband’s side of the family. My family is Army and currently stationed in Alabama, and the price of plane tickets around the holiday season is usually too high for us, so it’s great having his family close by. 

7.      It must be really hard work to organize amazing blog tours like yours. Tell us what it's like?

It’s definitely very time consuming. Luckily I get to chase dreams for my full-time job, so that is so incredibly helpful. Sometimes I feel very naggy, toward both authors and bloggers, because there is a lot that goes into a tour and a schedule to abide by, but I love connecting authors and readers!
























































8 Apart from ChickLit, obviously, what other book genres do you like?
 I love good ole women’s fiction, cozy mystery, and magical realism. 

8.      If you could travel to any setting from a book, where would it be?

Ooh that’s tough! I know Charmed started as a TV show, but there was also books about the series, and I would love to hang out with the sisters!
10. Lastly, what are your thoughts on the Chibok Girls kidnapped from their School in Northern Nigeria two years ago? 
It’s simply horrifying. To be taken from the safety of your room and put into what I can only imagine is a traumatic experience is absolutely devastating. I did see on the news 21 girls were released just this past week, and I truly can’t imagine what they went through, and how they will go about finding normalcy now.  


Links to purchase her novels.
Destined To Fail - http://amzn.to/2egZj0M
The Green Ticket  - http://amzn.to/2eDKWbl
A Questionable Friendship - http://amzn.to/2eiuSsq
Up To I Do - http://amzn.to/2egYZyY

Samantha's new book The Christmas Surprise is available now for only 99 Cents!














 


Links to her social media, website, Twitter handle, etc.




Snapchat: Samantha.March