Tuesday, 15 November 2016

The Silver Bells Christmas Pantomime Tour: Interview with Lynsey James

1.    Tell us about yourself Lynsey
Hi guys, my name’s Lynsey and I’m a 25-year-old rom com author from Scotland. I like Nutella and fluffy white dogs way too much and I hate wasps.
Your latest book, obviously has a Christmas theme so we'll be asking a lot of questions about Christmas. Hope you don't mind? So
1.    What's your favourite Christmas memory?
Wow, so many to choose from! As my favourite part about Christmas is watching other people open their presents, my favourite memory is the time my mum opened an envelope with tickets to a show she’d been wanting to see inside. Her face was priceless!
2.    What will you be doing on Christmas, we're especially interested in the food, by the way. Lol.
I spend Christmas with my family every year; we go to see my gran then eat Christmas dinner together. That has to be my favourite meal of the year! We usually have steak pie, puff pastry and vegetables, or roast beef with all the trimmings. Dessert is usually a massive bowl of my gran’s trifle or some cheesecake. 
3.   What was the inspiration behind your latest book.
I loved going to pantomimes as a kid; they were my favourite part of Christmas. So when it came to writing my Christmas book, I really wanted to write about a pantomime that goes really badly wrong.
4.    I know that this is almost like asking a parent to choose a favourite child, but I just have to ask: which character from your books is your favourite.
It has to be Ivy St Clair from Just the Way You Are. I had so much fun writing her story and she’s a character who’s stayed with me even though I’m now on my fourth book. I liked the contrasts between her and the main character Ava, and how she wasn’t afraid to follow her dreams after so many years.
5.    Most writers I've spoken to, usually have a collection of cringe-worthy yet adorable short stories and poems they wrote as children. Do you have any? Share some with us.
I have notebooks full of them somewhere, I wish I knew where they were! I was a huge fan of the TV show Friends when I was a kid (still am) and used to write my own scripts for episodes and act them out in front of my family.
6.   Is there anything you think we book bloggers could do to assist authors. I mean apart from the bit we're doing already?
I’d say book bloggers are doing a great job of supporting authors already. The book blogging 
community is fantastic; I actually met my best friend through it. Bloggers give up their free time to read, review and champion books. It really doesn’t get much better than that.
Thank you so much for having me on your blog!
   Thank you

Lynsey